Thursday, March 01, 2007

A Couple Books I Made in School

Here's a couple books I made while I was taking Artist Books at UCSB.

This first one I made in the 2003-2004 school year. I had been slacking off in this class and the night before the critiques I was wracking my brain, trying to come up with something that I could make by the next day. A couple weeks before, I had been drawing bugs out of a entomology book of my sister's and so this idea came into my head. I ended up skipping class the next day and worked on the book for pretty much a week straight, but I am really happy with the results. It's the first piece of art that I have had someone offer to buy - and the offer came from an art teacher at the university no less!

The text is from John 3:3-5.


*more pics here*

Dreaming About Providence ::: Jeremiah 29:11-14

I made this book during my last quarter at UCSB. For me, this book is all about family and the way that people in America move away. I was thinking a lot about the idea of being scattered and pulled back together, and just feeling distant from my family and relatives. The red line is the path one would drive to get from my home in California to my Grandma's house in Providence, Rhode Island.


*more pics here*

No comments: