Here's my latest FO:
Pattern: Matt's Mitts - my own design! (With a bit of inspiration from Elizabeth Zimmerman and Kitty's Broadstreet Mittens)
Yarn: Knit Picks Gloss (70% Merino Wool, 30% Silk), Black and Dusk
Needles: US size 3 DPNs and US size 2 DPNs
For Christmas I promised Matt a pair of gloves and I just finished these today - just in time for summer. Well, at least his hands will be toasty next winter.
He asked for a pair of convertible mitts, so I looked around for patterns that would suit his tastes. But most of the "glittens" that I found either lacked half fingers on the inside, or look like the pop top was an after thought. To try to make the mitten top appear more streamlined and integrated, I made the whole outer-part in one piece (with a giant button hole for the opening) and added the black finger portion afterwards.
There's still a little bit of a bump - from the difference in thickness there - but I think it's not too noticeable.