Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Recycled Pouf/Floor Cushion Thing

I've been wanting some poufs for my living room only just forever. I love the look of these Urchin Poufs and this diy pattern is fantastic, but I decided not to spend anything on this project. So in a fit of stash busting and recycling, I made some tee shirt yarn (check out my tutorial!) and I grabbed a ton of old clothes and scraps for stuffing and I made myself a nice crocheted pouf. I'm usually more of a knitter, but this yarn is a bear to knit with - I broke 2 sets of circulars on a bath mat a couple years ago.


So anyway, here's my pouf. Along with my lovely assistant. :o) He worms his way into all my photos these days. 


The finished pouf is about 8 inches tall and 21 inches in diameter. I used a size K crochet hook. To fill it, I lined it with an old sheet and filled it with lots and lots of fabric scraps and some old knit swatches.

1 comment:

Gilchristonvilleburg said...

This is amazing. I love the t-shirt yarn. Can't wait to try it. I'm a beginner. What crochet stitch or pattern did you use? The only patterns I'm finding are for knitting. Thanks so much.