Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Little prints.

My parents bought me a Print Gocco set for Christmas (Thanks again, Mom and Dad!!) and I used it for the first time to make these little thank you cards. The bird is from a John James Audubon painting. I just love old biological and botanical drawings.



Anyways, the Gocco set was really easy to use and so wonderfully self contained. It was a lot of fun! I can't wait to try multiple colors and screens.

I also got some Mastercarve rubber stamp blocks for Christmas. I played around with them a bit and made these fun little stamps. The girl is from a 1941 book titled Cartooning and Commercial Art.



I really love carving these blocks. They are soooo soft and smooth - very unlike linoleum. And you can also print them just like store bought rubber stamps.

No comments: