Monday, March 12, 2012

Crocheted T-Shirt Yarn Doily Rug

Have you seen the doily rug that's been all over pinterest? It's so insanely covetable. Well, I was looking at it a while back and thinking of my cold, stone tile bathroom floor. And I thought to myself, I bet I could make that. For free, even. So I pulled out some leftover tee-shirt yarn and scoured the internet for a doily pattern. It took some trial and error to find a pattern that looked the way I wanted it to and fit my gauge. Then I just crocheted it up! The end result is this little guy. It's smaller than the one in my inspiration photo, but I'm kind of in love with it. It fits perfectly in front of the sink in my itty-bitty half bathroom and protects my bare feet from the morning cold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your rug so much better than your inspiration! What a clever use for t-shirts.
Thank you for showing us!

Janey
janeyknitting@yahoo.ca